What to look for during Home Inspection?
During a home inspection, you should look for a number of things to ensure that the Calgary Home is in good condition and that there are no hidden problems. Here are some of the key things to look for during a home inspection:
- Structural issues: Check the foundation, walls, roof, and framing for any signs of damage or deterioration.
- Electrical systems: Check that the wiring and electrical outlets are up to code and that there are no safety hazards.
- Plumbing systems: Check for leaks, water pressure, and proper drainage.
- HVAC systems: Check that the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems are in good working order.
- Appliances: Check that all appliances included in the sale of the home are in good working order.
- Windows and doors: Check for drafts, cracks, and other signs of damage that could lead to energy loss.
- Insulation: Check that the home is well insulated to prevent energy loss.
- Pests and rodents: Check for signs of pests and rodents, such as droppings or damage to the home's structure.
- Water damage: Check for signs of water damage, such as mold or stains on walls and ceilings.
- Safety features: Check that the home has smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors, and other safety features required by law.
Overall, a thorough home inspection will help ensure that the property is in good condition and that you are making a wise investment in your future home.